Thursday 11 July 2019

Embleton Beach - Abstract Wave Patterns

Day 7 of our stay in Northumbria. We stated off by visiting Embleton. I headed for the beach with a few others.

The Olympus OMD EM1 mkii has a 'Live Composite Mode' where you set an initial exposure (I chose 2 seconds at f/8 at ISO64) and then the camera takes shots every few seconds (its your choice - I chose 2 seconds) and records only the changes in highlights.

Its quite a creative feature and I am still exploring the possibilities.

I was focusing on the waves and patterns in the sea.

You let the camera continue, with the Olympus you see the result building up on the back screen, and then manually stop it.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .