Monday 30 September 2019

Centre Parcs - Chairs Intentional Camera Movement

I have been watching some Training Videos by Doug Chinery and Velda Bailey relating to in camera multiple exposure and intentional camera movement (ICM).

I have enjoyed creating images with ICM for quite a few years. Typically things like trees with a vertical movement and beach scenes with a horizontal movement. I have also twisted the camera.

In the video Doug suggested less extreme movement and a shorter shutter speed. So after Sue and I got back from a walk in the forest I took my camera onto the patio and 'just played'

I took about 200 photos just messing around. Many where similar, but I found that there is a skill to be leaned. Little flicks, Different Shutter Speeds, Moving in and out and not just horizontal and vertical.

Subject matter - in these shots the bright steel chair legs and patterns attracted me. After these I went into the trees and did some more - maybe another blog coming on this.

Also at the post production stage, just cropping a portion of the frame created, to me, some pleasing images.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .