Wednesday 25 January 2017

Passenger Seat

Back in early 2016 I purchased a book written by Julianne Kost called Passenger Seat: Creating a Photographic Project from Conception through Execution in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom” is ' clicl HERE to see her blog about it. The images are all from her taken at various times shooting at slow shutter speed out of the passenger seat window.

I have done a few experiment last year but did not blog them. Coming back from Wimpole Hall on Sunday and as Sue was driving I decided to shoot some shots out of the window.

I was shooting with the Olympus OMD EM1 with the f2.8 PRO 12 - 40mm lens. I set the camera to


  • Low ISO (100ISO)
  • Aperture Priority 
  • f/22 
This meant that the shutter speed would be the slowest I could obtain without any filters. Typically this was about 1/25 sec, there where shots at 8 seconds at one end and 1/80 sec at the other. I will be trying on another journey with a ND filter to get even slower shutter speed. 

This blog also ties in with by ongoing Tree Project. I will be posing another blog with images from the Passenger Seat but with Urban Scapes.

Great Fun - you should try it.





















I just had to include a selfie ......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .