Thursday 10 October 2019

Jade Lyon in Infrared

Last night at the Camera Club Portrait Group we had Jade Lyon back again to sit for us. This girl has real energy and is a pleasure to photograph.

Towards the end of the evening I though I would see what the images would look like if I used my Infrared Camera. A number of years ago I took an on-line course on infrared photography created by Alexandra Morrison ( http://nature-photography-central.com ) She had taken IR portraits as part of her examples. I was captivated by the 'milky skin, near black eyes and Blue hair :)

I have played about with a couple of my grandchildren before and was pleased with the 'non-real results' - almost ghostly. Jade I thought would be a good experiment.

Here are the initial results. Although I took some of the images into photoshop and 'channel swapped' / converted to monochrome I was very please with images and their colourisation from Lightroom (those with a 'purple tone and silver  blue hair).

My next blog will be on the 'Normal Photos' I took last night.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .