Monday 3 June 2019

In Camera Double Exposure

Back in Early April Sue and I took the camper van to Sandringham. We decided it was a nice day for the beach and took a drive to Old Hunstanton. I decided to play with the Olympus OMD EM1 mk2 facility for double exposure. This is one area of the Olympus that I find poor compared with my Canon. On the Olympus you can only combine two photos with very little control ie no in camera blending modes. In comparison the canon has four blending modes and the ability to add up to 9 images (way over the top probably). Anyway Having spent the afternoon on the beach playing I am quite pleased with the results.  All apart from the last two where post possessed only in Lightroom. The new update (a few months ago) added a texture slider, It adds or takes away a 'grittiness'. I found on these in camera double exposures that using this slider with Highlights, shadows and Clarity I was able to pull more detail out of the file.

Image 10 and 11 where a combination of an in focus image with an out of focus image (Orton Effect - sort of)

The last tow pictures are not actually in camera double exposures, I took the an image on the Cameras 'Art' Filter and combined it in photoshop with the 'normal image'. The Art filters are quite heavy in there own right but I have found that I can reduce the effect to a pleasing level in photoshop by blending with a straight shot.

All good Fun :)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .