Friday 21 June 2019

May Bumps (1 of 5) - Boats

Okay for some reason the traditional University May Bumps are now in June, have been for a few years now I believe. 'Our Paul' organised a trip for our Wednesday Workshop (Cambridge Camera Club) I think he forgot to organise good weather and it was tipping it down. Gave a different view of the event.

I stayed for a couple of hours until this tree decided to deposit a 10 Gallon Bucket of water (slight exaggeration) down my neck. Being wet and almost grumpy I decided to call it a day.

You can never really tell from the back of the camera how successful you are. With the weather as it was I was not really hopeful. Having said that I was very pleased with my snaps.

All pictures taken with the Canon 5Dmkiv with 100mm - 400mm series ii lens.

I have spit my visit into 5 blogs this time.

This is number 1 and focuses on the boats and the race.

In the series over the next few days will be

2. Coxswains
3. Rovers
4. Slow Shuuter Speed
and 5. River people.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .