Friday 12 November 2021

Brandon Country Park Fungi

Sue and I visited Brandon County Park twice in the last 10 days to photograph Fungi. Last week we met up with the Cambridge Camera Club. Neither of us had a good photographic day, I only had one in focus (just) and that serves me right for trying something new.

There are a few iPhone photos here too. The rest are all focused stacked with my Canon R plus Helicon Focus Tube. 

The tube is programmed by the iPhone as to what lens on what camera at what f stop you want to use. I typically have the Canon 100mm L Macro lens and use f/5.6 Its a 10 second job to connect the phone and change the aperture and or lens.

I used my new tripod. I have reverted back to Manfrotto 190xpro4. My three Legged thing now resides with Sue. I found around the house over lockdown when I needed a tripod I used the Manfrotto and not the Three Legged Thing. It was not carbon fibre so quite heavy. as I just get on with it so well. This one is a carbon fibre. 

I lit the Fungi on some photos with a small Godex LED Matrix mounted on a 'Small Rig Arm'  - just to lift the shadows under the Fungi

Most of these Fungi are from 30 stacked images. I used a Neewer interval timer so I did not have to count the number of shots. The Helicon Focus Tube is not 'fast' compared with say the olympus but with Live View enabled and focus peaking selected I can watch the focus tract across the object. If it has not travelled far enough then I shoot another 30 and stop it when it looks like being in focus at the end. 30 shots only take typically say 20 secs, depending on the shutter speed. I set the tube to focus from the nearest point and travel towards infinity.

Images loaded into Lightroom and then stacked using Helicon Focus. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .