Sunday 18 July 2021

Hampshire Holiday Post 10 - Hinton Ampner House - Flowers and Garden

Day 5 of our Hampshire holiday we visited Hinton Ampner House. The National Trust describe this property as

An Elegant country house with distinctive gardens

We were not disappointed. We all went our separate ways and explored the site, agreeing to meet up at certain times.

The gardens were an inspiration,  I took some straight shots, some in-camera multiple exposures , some shots with the Lensbaby and some with my infrared camera.

You may have noticed that there have been a few days in between this post and the last one from the Hampshire holiday. 

I have two friends at the club, we will call one say 'Ann' and the other friend I shall call 'Ken'. 

Ann is the most prolific photographer of high quality work I know. She posts pictures most every day from the pictures she took the same day or the day before. She has done so for many years.

Ken on the other hand takes his photos and probably does not look at them for a long time, in some cases getting on to months between taking and looking. He created some lovely images.

Then there is me. I use my camera every day to take and post an image from that day and I am on something like day 460 without missing. I am usually very keen to look and process my images, posing on my blog and facebook events and day trips etc. I tend to be a bit more like Ann but without the energy she has :)

When I came to look and process these photos the 5th day  I hit a 'creative block'.  I looked at them and was disappointed, I could not see anything that I liked from the day. I tried a few times to see the wood from the trees but nothing came. So I left them and the Hampshire Holiday images unprocessed. 

Two days ago I had a bit of time and I thought I would have another look. What a different mood I found myself in. From going from zero images from day 5 I have now found images for a number of posts. I have grouped them into four sections.

  1. This first one is some photos of the Flowers and Garden, some are multiple exposure, some are with the lensbaby
  2. The next post will be entered around a set of steps I kept being drawn back to.
  3. The third post will be a set of Infrared Flowers processed to a white colour pallet.
  4. The last will be some Infrared photos of the House and Gardens.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .