I decided not to walk down into the garden area with Sue, Jane and Ann and stayed up at the castle. I had my Holga Fun Lens with me and decided to have another play with it. The Holga is a cheap 'Lo-fi' simple meniscus plastic lens which gives severe vignetting, soft focus, blur, light leaks and low contrast. It is designed for DSLRs to mimic the old Holga medium format cameras. This is not the first post I have done with this lens. I decided now that you cannot really crop the images once they are taken as the vignetting 'looks wrong. I have played with the colouration by split toning in Adobe Lightroom on a few images.
Tuesday, 28 February 2017
Day 3 Shropshire - Powis Castle - Holga Fun Lens
I decided not to walk down into the garden area with Sue, Jane and Ann and stayed up at the castle. I had my Holga Fun Lens with me and decided to have another play with it. The Holga is a cheap 'Lo-fi' simple meniscus plastic lens which gives severe vignetting, soft focus, blur, light leaks and low contrast. It is designed for DSLRs to mimic the old Holga medium format cameras. This is not the first post I have done with this lens. I decided now that you cannot really crop the images once they are taken as the vignetting 'looks wrong. I have played with the colouration by split toning in Adobe Lightroom on a few images.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Magnolia Shot with the Lensbaby Velvet 85mm
All these shots were taken with the Lensbaby Velvet 85mm. All were taken at the wider aperture (all wider than f/5.6 but mainly at f/2.8 an...
-
I have been playing with a Photoshop technique called 'Twirl'. Great fun .... All these photos originated from images I took in ...
-
Day 2 on the Dorset Trip. Fortified with a full English Breakfast we decided to take a trip to the Powerstock Nature Reserve. Not far fro...
-
For the last couple of years I have been working towards a panel of images for submission to the Royal Photographic Society (RPS) for the As...









No comments:
Post a Comment