Tuesday 28 February 2017

Day 3 Shropshire - Powis Castle - Holga Fun Lens


I decided not to walk down into the garden area with Sue, Jane and Ann and stayed up at the castle. I had my Holga Fun Lens with me and decided to have another play with it. The Holga is a cheap 'Lo-fi' simple meniscus plastic lens which gives severe vignetting, soft focus, blur, light leaks  and low contrast. It is designed for DSLRs to mimic the old Holga medium format cameras. This is not the first post I have done with this lens. I decided now that you cannot really crop the images once they are taken as the vignetting 'looks wrong. I have played with the colouration by split toning in Adobe Lightroom on a few images.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .