Friday 31 October 2014

In the Garden - August to October

My 'In the Garden Safari' Project slowed down over the summer just at the time when things tend to happen in the garden. Various reasons, not least of all the aborted Summer House construction which will now happen next spring. Sounds grand but its basically a posh shed in the bottom left hand corner of the garden.

So anyway - various visitors to the garden and some flowers.

This first Moth - I have not been able to identify. Maybe someone can let me know.






Setaceous Hebrew character (Xestia c-nigrum)

Setaceous Hebrew character (Xestia c-nigrum)


Privet Hawk Moth Caterpillar

Privet Hawk Moth Caterpillar

Privet Hawk Moth Caterpillar

Privet Hawk Moth Caterpillar

European Garden Spider - I Think

European Garden Spider - I Think

Add caption


We saw this lovley tellow snail on our bright blue garden bucket while we were having lunch one day on the 'new court yard area' (Its the gravel area really but court yard sounds grand). The blue and the yellow always works for me.
Yellow Banded Snail - I Think?

Yellow Banded Snail - I Think?

Yellow Banded Snail - I Think?

Wasp

Wasp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .