Sunday 10 July 2022

Dorset with CCC - Day 1 - 10th June

Powerstock Nature Reserve

Back in June Sue and I had a break in Dorset with the Cambridge Camera Club. We traveled down on the 9th with our friend (and trip organiser) Ann. The rest of the Club were due to join us on the 11th (Saturday).

We took the opportunity to pop to Powerstock Nature Reserve, a favourite reserve from quite a few trips over the years to Dorset.

We found quite a few pyramidal orchids. They are not uncommon in the British Isles and quite a pleasure to see.

As with most other areas in the UK they’re low numbers of insect. I did find some nice textures in leaves and 'mechanical bits'

I spent a long time focus stacking quite close macro shots but as it turned out I only got one image that I can say I liked - the first image here. 

Anyway it was good to be out.

The last picture here was in the evening. We had returned to where we were staying and saw this heron just sitting. We went to get our cameras and of the three of us I was first back. Just as I crept around the corner of the building I think it must have seen me and it flew away.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .