Sunday 1 May 2022

Papplewick Pumping Station - Tilt Shift Lens

I wanted to use my Canon Tilt + Shift lens (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II) to take the side of the Papplewick Pumping Station. The Victorian  architecture was stunning. I moved back towards the bushes but could not get far enough to get the top and bottom of the building in. I knew about the technique of using the shift function of the lens as a way to create a panorama and had previously done this with a horizontal panorama. In this instance I needed to create a vertical panorama.

I set the lens up so the verticals were vertical however the amount of shift was not quite enough. I choose to have the verticals just slightly off 'true' and was then able to get the composition I wanted. I had been shooting bracketed exposures all day inside the pumpung station so I choose to do this with each of the two shots to create the pano.

Beautiful light on the building. Back home I merged the 6 images in Lightroom using the HDR Pano feature. The resulting file was then vertically corrected using the Guided Upright Tool. I am really pleased with the result. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .