Tuesday 15 February 2022

Tree ICM with the Fuji X100V

Tree ICM

Over the last week whilst on my village walk I have ended up on the playing field avenue of trees and played with Intentional Camera Movement (ICM) with the Fuji X100V.

I am really enjoying using this camera, its seems that it is never far from my reach and is the camera of choice when I am recording my daily photo journal. 

As a mirrorless rangefinder camera with a fixed 23mm prime lens (35mm full frame equivalent) I find it very enjoyable to use.  Its functionality in terms of features is not dissimilar to my Canon Cameras and was one of the main reasons I bought this rather than the new Sony RX100 that has been my camera of choice for a 'point and shoot' for about 10 years.

I stumbled upon this camera via two routes. 

1. Ann Miles has one and we have spoken about it a number of times

2. Then I was looking at the Leica Q2 again, I would really like one of these and came across a review (I think) by Ken Rockwell  and he was smitten by the Q2 but bought the X100V

Note: I know the Q2 is full frame and three times the cost probably justifiably and that the X100V is an APS C sensor

After reading the review I spoke with Ann and confirmed that the camera she had was the X100V and the rest is history. I have had the camera since before Christmas and still learning its capabilities.

This set of images makes use of the built in ND filter and this allowed me to use Low shutter speed in reasonably bright light. Its in camera multiple exposure can take up to 9 frames, like the Canon (and Nikons)

On Saturday I was out with the camera club in Ely and only took this camera (Ely Street Photography Blog will follow soon)

I am looking forward to the spring to get out more particularly with this camera.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .