Sunday 10 November 2019

The New Cambridge Mosque - Cambridge Camera Club Visit

Last week one of our members organised a photo opportunity at the new Cambridge Mosque in Mill Road. I travel past the Mosque a few times a month when I visit a friend of mine. I have watched the progress of the build with keen interest. I also had a hope that I could visit sometime and this opportunity came up.

The Mosque is on the site of John Lewis Warehousing, and going back to the 60's / 70's The Cambridge Bowling Alley.

The Mosque is open for worship but it still needs work to be done.

I hope I will be able to visit again to see the progress.

We where shown around by a very enthusiastic volunteer and told us must about the Mosque and how it is used.

The Mosque Building has been constructed in a very eco friendly way. Most of the building is wooden construction. The pillars represent trees.

You can find more out about the Mosque by looking at their web site.

https://cambridgecentralmosque.org


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .