Tuesday 30 January 2018

Great Yarmouth (1) - Tide and Time Museum

Sue and I and threee friends from the Cambridge Camera Club spent an enjoyable weekend in Yarmouth. One of the first things we did was to visit the Tide and Time Museum.

Wikipedia has this to say

The Museum of Great Yarmouth Life, located in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, United Kingdom, is set in one of the UK's best preserved Victorian herring curing works and is Norfolk's third largest museum.
One of the reason for going was that there was an exhibition on Tony Ray Jones and 1970's photographer - more on that on the next post.

This museum was really good and even after all these years you could still smell the herring in the old smoke house. Well worth a visit.



























Sue and I and three friends from the Cambridge Camera Club had a weekend trip to Great Yarmouth

1 comment:

  1. Barry, I really like this set particularly the mono shots. I must put this museum on my list to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .