Thursday 26 June 2014

My Travels #01 - Winchester Cathedral

So last week I set off on my travels. Sounds grand, The plan to spend a few days down in Dorset with the Cambridge Camera Club, then to stay a few days with my Daughter and family in Swindon and then to go to Butlins in Minehead for a fun few days with grandson Aiden before returning home

This first post is my journey down to Dorset. I decided to stop off at Winchester Cathedral. Cathedrals are a long term project I have set my self and I am hoping to get photos that will be the subject of a Visual Art Panel for my next step in the Royal Photographic Society (Associate Level - ARPS).

A beautiful Cathedral. Check out there web site for more information here













The next few photos where taken in the Crypt. This is  British sculptor Antony Gormley life size statue of a man looking at water in his cupped hands. The statue is called Sound II. It was modeled on the artists own body. The crypt often floods and the statue is seen coming out of the water - I was hoping that this would be how I found it. You can see how high the water rises up the wall.

Antony Gormley's Sound II

Antony Gormley's Sound II

Antony Gormley's Sound II
 A bit of 'fish eye fun' ....













2 comments:

  1. Nice shots inside the cathedral Barry. Are some HDR or are they using one of the Topaz filters ? You took better pictures than I did when I visited a year or so ago. Nice set of images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roger. Thank you for you comment. The first 10 images were 5 shot HDR. Processed in Nik HDR PRO 2. The rest where single images processed in lightroom and then in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .