Wednesday 12 June 2013

Natural History Museum - Butterfly Sensation

 Sue and I traveled to London on the 4th June, primarily to go to the Natural History Museum to see Sebastião Salgado photographic exhibition entitled 'Genesis' .

Outside, on the lawn of the Museum there was a very large tent which held a display of  live butterflies from around the world, called 'Sensational Butterflies'. It was really exciting. Obviously a lot easier to photograph than when they are in the wild. I had taken my Sony RX100 compact camera with me, and was very pleased with the results. It was a great afternoon in the 'humid atmosphere'. 

.......... We had an Ice Cream when we came out  :)

I took a photograph of a notice that told us what butterflies were in the tent. However I still find identification very difficult so rather than name a few and not others I have left them untitled (at the moment)





















.




 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .