Friday 21 May 2021

Vase and Dying Flower Study

Spent a couple of hours just playing with a vase of dying flowers the other day and then taking just one design into photoshop to see what different colour combinations I could get. I was looking for the resulting image to be fundamentally based on  two main colours. I found four I like and ten popped them into a panel. The first five images here are the result. Not what you would call subtle colours. 

I then started playing with some of the other images from the session with some pleasing results. 

It’s funny how sometimes you set yourself a mini project in a single session and struggle to find an acceptable result and then other times, like this you find quite a few.

All images here started as in-camera multiple exposure (mostly in dark mode if I remember right) and then  work in Lightroom. All images then developed in multiple layers in Photoshop, including the blending of two or more images.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .