Friday 27 March 2020

Tabletop Photography

About three years ago I set a workspace up in the Garage Workshop to do some Tabletop Photography. With the business of life this are has not been used as much as I had hoped. The area has had a secondary function of where I mount my prints. So being 'self-confining' I decided to have a go at some images with 'Jean-Luc Picard' jumping into some water. Before I started and before Sue throw some flowers away I decided to also do some in-camera multiple exposures 'in the round'

Included in the Flower multiple exposure was a porcelain figurine called Susan. 9 images taken and the vase rotated slightly each time. I used all three in camera blend modes (Average, Dark and Bright) to achieve three different results.  Post processing in Lightroom. I then took 'Susan' into the Garage Workshop and sat her on a spinning table. Lit by flash off to the side. As an aside, I don’t buy many ornaments, the last time was about 30 years ago and was a red glass fox from Langham Glass. We were in Cromer just before Christmas and walked past this art shop and went in. I was immediately attracted by this figurine and having purchased it found the name of the piece was Susan.

Sue had found me some skeleton leaves in the pond - with these I laid them initially on a lights lit from below. and then used my 'Atdaptorlux Lights' with red and green filters, spraying them with water.

Jean-Luc Picard proved to be more challenging. I was relying on dropping the figure head first into a small tank and triggering the camera manually. (Note to self - I need a Pluto Trigger or something) I must have taken just less than 100 snaps to get something that I was happy with.

Good Fun.

Susan and the Flowers




Susan In the Round




Skeleton Leaves









Jean-Luc Picard Taks a Dive




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .