Tuesday 18 December 2018

"I have had a good month"

I discovered at the beginning of the month that one of my Prints that I had entered into The Welsh International Exhibition had beed selected AND awarded a FIAP Bronze Medal.

I was 'gob-smacked' to say the least. The image, which was part of my LRPS panel a few years ago, was of a Plume Moth. Printed on an Art Paper.

Here it is ....


Then through the door along with the Christmas Mail came the Medal and the Catalog


Just a bit Chuffed :)

-----------------

The at the Cambridge Camera Club a couple of weeks ago we held the annual Print Panel Competition. 

The Judge was Chris Forster EFIAP FBPE. There where about 50 panels entered and you can imagine my surprise when my panel came first. 

My Panel was called  'Time to Enjoy Tata Britain' and I chose the 'Dice Form' (See below) to present them. Again they where printed on an Art Paper.

Here are how the five images looked. ....




Here are the individual images ...






To explain the print panel a bit ..

The Print Panel is where we select 5 images on a theme and present them as one body of work. I have always enjoyed this competition, I like working with panels / collection of images (a bit like this blog). 

I chose to present 5 Images from a visit to Tate Britain a few weeks ago. You can present your images as :-


  • A row of 5 Images
  • Two rows, the top with Three Images, the bottom with Two images (inverted Triangle)
  • Two rows, the top with Two Images, the bottom with Three images (A Triangle)
  • Two in the top Row, One in the second row and two on the bottom row ie In the form of a Dice 5 Spot




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .