Tuesday 25 September 2018

Just A Fence, an exercise in detail exploration

You may well think Sue and I need to 'get out more' when I say that one of the most enjoyable parts of our recent weekend trip away in the camper van to Sandringham was on the walk back from Sandringham Church (there will be a blog on this soon). It was a wettish / dull light afternoon and we walked past this lovely iron and brick fence. Sue and I must have spent about an hour exploring the detail on this fence. Looking at textures, shapes and tones. Most enjoyable.

I had deliberately traveled out with just the new lens on my camera (Canon 100-400mm mkii) and  I had been playing in the woods with shooting wide open (f/4-F5.6), at the 400mm end of the zoom and at its closest focus distance. Hence a very narrow depth of focus.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .