Thursday 14 September 2017

Jesus College - Sculpture in the Close

Last Thursday I met up with Ann and Jane, friends from the camera club, in Jesus Lane to visit the 'Sculpture in the Close 2017' contemporary sculpture exhibition in Jesus College.  When I was a boy I attended Park Strret Primary School and walked passed this college every school day and as this is one college I have never visited, so I was looking forward to going in. The exhibition is an annual event and I would throughly recommend you going next year. Some of the sculptures are permanent at the college. 

From the website https://www.jesus.cam.ac.uk/college/events/sculpture-close/2017-sculpture-close-exhibition   .....

BARLOW – BOURGEOIS – HATOUM – HOUSHIARY– LIM – PARKER – THURNAUER – WHITEREAD – WILDING

With an all-female line-up of exceptional artists, the exhibition marks the fifteenth outdoor sculpture exhibition in the grounds of Jesus College. 


My favourite sculpture was a collection of stacked chairs by Phyllida Barlow. If you follow the link above you will see the description of the sculptures. I really like to take photographs of sculptures and trying to find my own take on other peoples artwork. 

This is the first of two blogs. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .