Thursday 23 January 2014

2013 - My personal top 40 pictures

I was listening to a Martin Bailey Pod cast at the beginning of the year. He is a British photographer living in Japan and he looked at his best photos for 2013 and whittled them down to his top 10.

I thought this was a good exercise for me to try. So I set my 'rules' as ....

"Pictures I enjoy looking at and very pleased I took them".

..... So very much a personal gratification exercise and in normal 'Barry Badcock' style I wittled my choice of 10 down to 40 !!!!!

This photo was in my 'RPS L Panel possibles. It was a 'design by committee' photo as I had lots of suggestions of how to improve it in Photoshop. 

Grandchildren form an important part of my life and always the subject of my photography. 
This is Grace 

One of our cats - Oreo

Grandson - Sam


I like people photography but rarely have the nerve to ask them if I can take their picture. This was one occasion when I did.





Real luck with this one.


Granddaughter - Eloise

Grandson - Aiden

I really love nature and macro photography.

Movement and abstract images I feel are an emerging passion for me.


Monochrome has always been a passion, particularly in my early years in the darkroom.







Granddaughter Eloise again, this time with her mum, Nicki

'What's that?'

A creative flip and distort

Photographing in Cathedrals is an ongoing project of mine. I love stained glass window.


Intentional camera movement created this abstract pattern. Taken at Anglesey Abbey last Christmas.


'Cut and flip'


Horsey Beach Seal


Grandchildren - Aiden and Eloise




A bit of fun in combining three images and distorting the end result


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .