Monday 23 September 2013

LRPS

Yesterday, 22nd September, I had my submission to the Royal Photographic Society judged. There were five judges plus the Chair. There were 30 candidates having the LRPS assesment including Chris Fell, a fellow member of the Cambridge Camera Club. After each panel was assessed the candidates name was anounced if they were sucessful, those unsucessful did not have their name called out, just why the panel could not recomened an acceptance. As luck would have it I was first up and as my name was announced I felt giddy with happiness. Chris was also successful, but he had to wait till nearly lunch time. By the end of the day only half the applicants were successfully.

Each person entered 10 photos to be judged individually PLUS the panel as a whole had to be consistent and well balanced - the so called 'eleventh print'

Here is how my panel was laid out ....





Here are the photographs ....


Storm on Hadrians Wall


Taken in my Garden pond - 'Lily' 


Taken at last years Truckfest in Peterbough


Coate Water near Swindon


Eilean Donan - Scotish castle where Highlander was filmed

Castle Steps


Not so Sunny Hunny - Hunstanton in Norfolk. 


Festival Lady


Plume Moth


Enquiries - Taken in one of the Cambridge Universities.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .