Tuesday 30 April 2013

Raptor Foundation

Visited the Raptor Foundation near St Ives today. This was not a photographic excursion as such. We took our Grandson Aiden, he loves this sort of thing.

I just took my camera with one lens (24m - 105mm). It turned out to be a success. I have tried photographing birds in flight now for some time. Today I was very please with the results. (I hope I have the bird names correct)


Harris Hawk

 

Saker Lanner Lugger

 

Turkmanian Eagle Owl
 

Turkmanian Eagle Owl (in monochrome)

 

Lanner Falcon
 

Lanner Falcon
 

A very tatty bird, surprised it could fly with the wing damage. I think it is a Falcon of some sort.
 

 
 


 

Feeding frenzy at the pond
 


 


 

Peregrine Saker falcon (They can reach flying speeds of 90mph)
 

Peregrine Saker falcon
 

Peregrine Saker falcon
 

Peregrine Saker falcon

Aiden with the Owls
 
'You looking at me?'
 
Gyr Saker Falcon
 
Gyr Saker Falcon
 
'Is this your feather?'
 
Someones in a bad mood - Bald Eagle
 
Albino Python
 
A good day was had by all. New plastic pet in the Turpin household - Percy the Bald Eagle :)


(The Raptor Foundation, The Heath, St Ives Road, Woodhurst, Cambridgeshire, PE28 3BT)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .