Monday 29 April 2013

Margate

A couple of Sundays ago Sue and I went to Margate to visit our Son and his family. It was a lovely sunny day and I popped out down to the beach to take some photos. Grandson Haydn came with me.
 
 

Health and Safety?
 
 
 
 
 Thoughts of my youth.
 
 The New Turner Contemporary Building (a dynamic visual arts organisation according to their web site). We are going to visit this impressive gallery centre in August when we stay nearby for a few nights.
 
 
 
 What was the front entrance to the Pier. The pier was destroyed in 1978 by bad seas (Herne Bay and Whitstable also lost their pier at the same time)
 
 The new Kings Steps. I really liked them but there is a controversy about the removal of the old ones in an improvement to the sea defences The old ones were 400 years old. I have to admit that these are spectacular and far more memorable that the old ones.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A new Dreamland is being planned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .