Monday 9 July 2012

An afternoon in the garden

I spent the afternoon playing with my camera, macro lens and flash gun in the garden. It was not raining which makes a change.

This is a Hover Fly - I think its Eupeodes Nitens.
There are about 250 species of Hover Flying the UK

Not sure what this is yet

A Water Bug - maybe a common backswimmer. Whatever it is we have them in our pond and they are great to watch.

We think this is a member of the wasp family.


Hover Fly - Episyrpus Balteaus ?



Hover Fly - Episyrpus Balteaus


I Lover poppies - these are self set in the garden

I


More Hover flies ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .