Saturday 8 October 2022

Margate - Rise up Residency Graffiti Project

 Margate - Rise up Residency Graffiti Project


Rise up residency was a week-long mural festival and educational programme taking place from the 25th Sept - 2nd of Oct 2022 in Margate, Kent. 17 murals have been being painted across Margate. My Son Mathew drove me round last weekend and we found 15 of the 17.

Really beautiful paintings. The project finished on the 2nd and some of the artists were still working hard on their art. It was a shame that somebody had decided to Tag their name over the artwork. I cannot understand why.

I do hope the artwork is looked after. Margate has had a history over many years with official graffiti.

They are not ordered in the sequence of the map, but in the order I took them. There is a 16th image that my son Mathew took while walking the dogs. The last image before the map. The painting in Dreamland is still missing :( Maybe one day.

All images except two taken with the FujiX100V that has a 35mm full frame equivalent lens. If I knew I was going to do this I may have taken the Canon 17 - 40mm lens. The streets are quite narrow in some places. The panorama was takin with the iPhone as was the image my son took.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .