Sunday 10 January 2021

Abstraction

Abstraction. 

An extremely interesting RPS on line Zoom Lecture yesterday by Nat Coalson entitled 'Abstract Photography as Fine Art'. He told us what he meant by Abstraction.  He said, in his view' he was 'Inviting the viewer to engage with the photograph' and this is an open ended relationship. Most of his abstract images are 'straight' from the camera, the abstraction occurs from the viewpoint of the camera, moving in on detail. Most of my creative work over the last year at least is started in camera and then further worked on in Lightroom and Photoshop. So today I thought I would revisit the way I used to work before I became obsessed with the results of in-camera multiple exposures. I just walked around the house and garden and looked for 'Abstraction' 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .