Wednesday 9 September 2015

Devon Holiday - Donkey Sanctuary

We visited the Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth. Little did I know that I would fall in love with these animals and end up adopting a Mule called Ruby :)

Now you probably all know this already, but I did not....

A Donkey is a Donkey
A Horse is a Horse
A Mule is the offspring of a male donkey (jack) and a female horse (mare)
A Hinny is the offspring of a female donkey (jenny) and a male horse (stallion)

Most Mules and Hinnys are infertile.

I am still not sure but I think a donkey is a domesticated Ass.













My Adopted Mule, Ruby. Isn't she LOVELY ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .