Thursday 16 July 2015

Tower Hamlets Cemetry - Infra Red plus others

This post is a bit out of sequence. After our walk around Tower Hamletts area we returned to the Cemetery. It was getting towards late afternoon and I decided to try a bit more with the Infra Red filter. With the exception of the last photo they were all taken with the IR Filter and processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

For these IR Photos I followed the following steps

1. To start with I created a DNG Profile in Adobe Labs DNG Profile editor to create a 'cooler' image in the white balance. This profile was then exported and then activated in Lightroom.

2. For each photo I then adjusted the white balance in Lightroom so the 'Temp= about 7172' and the 'Tint= about +29'

3. I adjusted the exposure, contrast and clarity in Lightroom to get a 'pleasing image'

4. I opened the image in Photoshop and the swapped the Red and Blue Channel in the Channel mixer.

5. I added a levels layer and adjusted the Red and Blue channels.

6 I then added a Hue/Saturation Layer and played with the colours.

The above is only a general workflow. If you want the details I used to start by IR Journey then look at this web site ....

http://photography.tutsplus.com/tutorials/an-in-depth-guid-to-infrared-photography-processing--photo-9540











No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .