Tuesday 4 February 2014

London People

After we left China Town we set off for Trafalgar Square. Lots of people was an understatement. I decided I would do a bit of Street Photography and take photo's of the people enjoying the faestivities.

When I purchased my new camera in December the deal was a free Canon 40mm f/2.8 Pancake lens. Its called a pancake as it is very flat. I decided that as this lens is less obtrusive than my zooms I had with me that I would try a few shots using it.

The photos taken around Trafalgar Square where taken with this Pancake lens and with my camera held down at arms length - hence the 'jaunty angle'. I intending to straighten them up in Photoshop but I quite liked the effect. All in all I am very pleased with the lens.


Four of the Cambridge Camera Club I went with.













We left Trafalgar Square, had some lunch and then travelled over to Covent Garden. How ever many times I go here I never get bored of this area. For these pictures I had switched back to my normal zoom lenses.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .