Wednesday 16 February 2022

The Trip Home - Passenger Seat

The Trip Home - Passenger Seat

Sue and I popped to Ely today and for a change Sue drove. This gave me a chance of the return journey to take movement photos out of the car window. 

One of my favourite books is 'Passenger Seat' By Julianne Kost and this has been a project of mine for well over 8 years. Slow shutter speed shots out of a car or train window.

I started taking photos as we left Waitrose Car Park. A bright sunny day I needed to use the built in 3 stop ND filter to cut the light down to get a shutter speed around about a half a second with the lowest ISO (160 iso) and smallest aperture (f/16)

As we travelled the sun came through the front window of the car at different angles so the variation in highlights was quite significant, more so at the start of the journey.

All of the images here were taken through the front windscreen except for the one of '3 + 1 Trees'. I decided to leave a bit of the dashboard showing to give context and a base except on a couple of pictures where the dashboard was not unfortunately on the frame.

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .