Tuesday 19 June 2018

Dorset Day 2 of 6 - Chesil Beach

Day two of our trip to Dorset. We all travelled to Weymouth. Phil and I spent the morning on Chesil Beach in search of Little Turns (No Luck there :( )

I was interested in photographing birds with my new Camera (Canon 5D mk iv) with my old series one 100 - 400mm zoom Plus 1.4 converter, effectively giving me a 560mm zoom. The lens, being quite old with the 1.4 convertor did not perform well on my Canon 5D mkiii due to autofocus problems at wide apertures and as birds in flight need a good shutter speed I had to resort to higher ISO.

We only saw Little Turns in the distance, I did manage to get a couple of gulls in flight and was please with the new Camera performance. :)

The last two pictures are from a quarry near Weymouth. Not many insects there :(













No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .