Sunday 20 January 2013

HDR photos from (Not so) Sunny Hunny

Sue and I were in Hustanton on a cold grey day on Friday. Following on from ax excellent talk at the Digital Techniques Group of the Cambridge Camera Club on HDR photography I thought I would experiment with the technique. All the photos were taken on muti shot bracket exposure of +- 2 stops. Hand Held. Most were at 800 iso. These were combined from Lightroom into NIK HDR efex. Monochrome conversion in NIK Silver efex 2. I have tried HDR before and got some 'garish' photos which I was the only person who I know liked them !!! This time following the talk I have tried to be a bit most subtle. Still early days but I am quite pleased with the results from a few hours playing.

(HDR = High Dynamic Range)
 
 
 
 
 
 

I gave this a warm tone.
 
The only photo here not to have been combined from 3 shots is this cafe shot. I obviously had severe camera shake and the ghosts where unacceptable. This shot was a single tone mapping photo. Mono conversion next
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cambridge University Botanic Garden with the Camera Club

Saturday 17th Feb 24 - Sue and I met up with other members of the Cambridge Camera Club at the  Cambridge University Botanic Garden .